Skip to main content

Health Part 3: Sleep

So, I tried to improve my sleeping habit by reading more books about health and sleeping. I basically summarized all of the points that I got from those books, tried them one by one, and keep what works for me. 

So far, my sleeping score has been improving to >80 and my face skin has become very moist and plumpy somehow, just by changing my sleep routines. It's a nice bonus lol. I still have some days when I found it hard to fall asleep and feeling not so well-rested when I awake, but as long as things are improving, 80% of good sleep and 20% of bad sleep, is good enough for me. 

Turns out it wasn't only me who have trouble sleeping. My own family and my close friends all have trouble sleeping. So, I shared them my tips, and here I post what works for me, I hope it helps a bit should you also have trouble with sleeping. 

Pls note that what works for me may not works for you, and you may have different things that work for you, so for complete info pls read books about health and sleeping. 

And these are what I do:

1. Set my alarm to wake up at 6am and sleep at 9pm. 

I use the 90 minutes cycle and it helps me a lot to wake up without feeling groggy or tired.

2. Get the sunlight at our best cortisol peak time, between 6am to 8.30am. 

I open the curtain on the side of my bed, straight after I turned off my alarm, to make sure I get the sunlight and accomodate cortisol peak timing. 

3. Blocking blue lights.

I wear blue blocking glasses whenever I could (especially when I know I will deal with my gadget for a longer period), set the blue blocking system on my gadgets, and set auto dark mode on my gadgets after dark. I switched the lights at home into warm yellow, and turned off every lights but one dimmed warm yellow light, near our toilet after 8pm. I also installed blackout curtains in the bedroom to make sure no extra light went through the curtain. 

4. Create bed time routine. 

6pm - I stopped eating (max 7pm, so I can give some time to my body to digest them before I sleep)

8pm - put my phone at Do Not Disturb / Sleeping mode, brushed my teeth, and wear body lotion

8.30pm - turned off the lights and close the curtains. I can still read book or talk with hubbie. 

9pm - get ready to sleep. 

So far, this routine works really well for me. Whenever I wear body lotion and brushed my teeth, it's like signalling my body that it's time to sleep. And I do fall asleep faster now. 

5. No electronic device near my bed. 

We changed the place for our charging station to be a bit far from the bed and turned off all of our gadgets except one in DND for emergency call (in case our family have emergency). 

6. No caffeine after 2 pm. 

I actually haven't drink a cup of coffee since more than 6 months ago. Well to be fair, I still get one or two sips from my husband's when I really crave to. However, I still drink tea pretty oftenly, and I tried to not drink them after 2pm. 

7. Wear comfortable sleep wear. 

I used to wear just anything to sleep, even just shirt and short pants will do. However, I choose my sleep wear very carefully, now. I want everything to be comfortable and cool, yet also warm enough to help me get a better sleep.

I realize my body temperature could be higher whenever I had a delayed exercise. I need a cooler sleep wear and room temperature, to sleep well. So, I just find the balance between them all, and definitely no bra. (Bra during sleep will heightened your chance of getting a breast cancer - look at my insta story on health section for details.) 

8. Supplement.

I take chamomile tea or 1pcs of small dosage melatonin for those rare days when I have bad sleep score the day before and I know I need a full rest to recover. Melatonin actually is not suggested for a long period use, because it could change the hormone production in our body. But it is okay for one short rare time, like when we are travelling and have a jet lag, or when we want to adjust out sleeping time, etc. 

Hope it helps! 

---------
- Aim for a better tomorrow through healthy lifestyle, diverse insights, creative arts, and minimalist living. - 

Thank you for supporting my intention through owning my artworks, reading my writings, and following my Instagram. You could also support my page with buy me a coffee at the link below. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Now

H ello. You are on my Now page and these are the things that I'm currently focusing on: - Healthy, balanced, and mindful living is my first priority now. - I was hospitalized for a month from August - September 2022. Some viruses attacked a part of my brain and brain stem which causes imbalances on my motoric gravity, plus I had a gout attack for the first time in my life. My infusion had to be sewn on my neck cause the meds need to be inserted through the central vein for three weeks straight. I promised myself to never be that sick ever again, and determined to change my whole lifestyle, including to prioritize myself, my health, and my peace first. Since then, I have lost 22kgs, have been maintaining my uric acid level below 5.5, manage my cholesterol level down to 146, maintain my normal fast glucose level at 85, and been eating, exercising, and living healthier, plus doing so many changes in life including the way I sleep and raising my water intake level. - Creating intentio

What If Word Is Not The Real Language ?

What if word is not the real language? And what if the basic importance of communication is neither about who is the sender or how it was being sent? Aside from love which is hard to be measured, music and art are two of the few fields and disciplines in life that have proven those two questions as very relatable and argumentative. With music, we have seen many cross boundaries musicians who don't understand each others' (word-y) languages, collaborated and jammed together nicely. Classical, Jazz, and Swing are among few genres that put forward on those wordless language heavily, according to their own principles on each of their own disciplines. We can even enjoy music without really understand the lyrics or even without lyrics at all. With art, we've seen how the works of artists who have passed away hundred years ago still resound heavily to us now. Even without really knowing about the background of the artists or their works, we're still able to enjoy them and dist

10 Things We Don't Buy Anymore As Minimalists

10 things we don't buy anymore as minimalists, and few things that we still buy to replace the old ones. 1. Physical Book  Not only physical book takes spaces, most of the physical books that available here are also outdated and strongly curated. We can only grow when we learn to understand different perspectives and see things from different angles, even from the one that we might disagree with. To read the same books that everyone reads and only cater to certain perspectives, certainly won't help us to grow. We also have to get the latest knowledge and facts to get better results in everything. I find e-books fill those needs ad gaps better for me, while my husband choose audio books, lately. 2. Perfume If you should, you won't need more than one bottle that will last for 1-2 years.  3. Physical Music I use Spotify.  4. Coffee Machine & Refill 1 French Press and 1 manual dripper do the works well until now. 5. Souvenirs We don't buy for ourselves, and not for othe